MULALA CULTURAL TOURISM
ARUSHA CULTURAL DAY TOUR MULALA VILLAGE
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village | Mulala Cultural Tour Program Arusha Day Trip |
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village is an exciting full day excursion from Arusha to the village of Mulala, Tanzania. Mulala village is located on the slopes of Mount Meru about 40 kilometers from Arusha town along the Arusha-Moshi highway.
The Mulala village is a typical rural setting on the southern slopes of Mt. Meru and surrounded by spectacular scenery. The women of Mulala have united in the form a Women's organization Group.
Through this group, they try to support economic activities of the members and start new income-generating projects.
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Highlights
Our Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village include the following experience which are refreshing as well as entertaining;
* Nice garden where you will relax and enjoy a wholesome lunch prepared by the local women
* A scenic walk through the coffee and banana farms providing a glimpse of every day challenges at work
* Walking in the forest reserve or by the Marisha river bank to enjoy views of Mt. Meru and Mt. Kilimanjaro
* Tour Mama Anna's local cheese production and see the finished product supplied to the nearby hotels and markets
* Visit the farms of the Women's Organization group. The women will explain their farming methods and show you the various economic activities they have started, like cheese-making and bread-making
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Itinerary
0830 Hours: Depart Arusha after breakfast and drive to Mulala Village, situated on the southern slopes of Mount Meru about 40 kilometers from Arusha.
Mulala is a typical rural village where most people are subsistence farmers, raising coffee, bananas, fruit and vegetables in addition to keeping livestock for milk and meat.
The women there have come together to form a support group to enable and enhance their economic activities such as cheese and bread making and farming.
0930 Hours: Upon arrival you will be greeted by singing and dance. You will have a cup of tea or coffee before setting you on the farm for a tour led by a local guide.
In addition to visiting Mama Anna’s cheese making dairy, you will have a 1½ hour guided walk whereby you can visit all five members of the Agape women’s group and learn about their various activities.
Here also you will visit with the village’s traditional healer who can tell you about the history of the Meru tribe. You can also visit with local artisans or farmers who will provide extensive explanations about their work.
1300 Hours: You will have lunch prepared by the women’s group in the village. Local lunch includes beef stew, ugali (corn meal cooked to a play-dough-like thickness), vegetables, rice, beans, and fruit.
1400 Hours: You can also take a 2 hour guided walk to the Marisha River enjoying the lush vegetation, birds and primates that surround the area.
Later you can move up Lemeka Hill for scenic views of the area including Mount Meru and Mount Kilimanjaro and the Masai plains that surround the area.
1700 Hours: You will return to Arusha in the late afternoon, drop off at your hotel
* Please wear appropriate gear; good walking shoes
* Take a cap and sun cream with you when making longer walk
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Rates Includes:
* Cultural tour of Mulala Village
* Lunch – prepared by the local women villagers.
* Pick-up from your hotel in Arusha and drop-off to your hotel
* Full Day Tour of the Arusha Cultural Day Tour of Mulala Village
* Professional English speaking guides. All are experts in the African wildlife, culture, and tour guiding, many of who speak other European languages
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Rates Do Not Include:
* Tips or gratuity
* Travelers insurance
* Communication charges
* Minimum of two persons required
* Visas, international airfares and airport taxes; meals
* Sightseeing not included in the package; optional activities
* Personal expenses such as transfers to/ from the airport (supplement airport transfer cost applies for tours starting from the airport)
Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Activities
Marisha River Tour
This 2 hours guided walk weaves you along the village foot trails, through the coffee and banana farms, and down to the scenic riverbanks of the Marisha River.
Thick with tropical vegetation, various birds and primates, you can sit along the banks and be enveloped by the many wonders of the area. You may continue on to the Ziwa la Mzungu (Whiteman’s lake) where legend has it that a white man disappeared in the lake while fishing after being confused by demonic sounds coming from the water.
Lemeka Hill Tour
Crisscross the coffee and banana farms and head up for Lemeka Hill for a breathtaking view of both Mt. Kilimanjaro and Mt. Meru. The scene is a visual patchwork of Maasai plains, small townships and surrounding hills.
On the slopes of Lemeka Hill you can visit the farm of Mr. Moses Karoiya, the traditional healer in the village. He will tell some stories about the history of the Meru tribe, and provide extensive explanation on the traditional methods he uses to cure sick villagers.
Once you’ve descended the hill, you can further delve into the Mt. Meru forest, head to the tranquil banks of the Marisha River or return to the point of origin, Mama Anna’s cheese making place. This trip takes about 2 hours.
In a 1,5 hours guided walk you can visit the farms of all five members of the Agape women’s group. The women will give explanation about their farming methods and show you the various economic activities they have started, like cheese-making, bread-making, flower seed growing and chili growing.
Booking & Reservations for Arusha Cultural Day Tour Mulala Village Contacts;
Booking Office Tel: + 255 629-142-552
Mobile :+ 255 629-142-552