A Tanzania safari starting from Arusha is a fantastic way to explore the diverse wildlife and stunning landscapes that this East African country has to offer. Arusha is a popular starting point for safaris as it is located near several iconic national parks and wildlife reserves. Here are some key destinations and tips for a Tanzania safari from Arusha:
is a gem among Tanzania's national parks, and it's conveniently located near the city of Arusha. Despite being one of the smaller parks in the country, Arusha National Park boasts diverse landscapes, rich flora and fauna, and stunning views of Mount Meru. Here are some key features and highlights of Arusha National Park:
- The park is dominated by the imposing presence of Mount Meru, the second-highest peak in Tanzania after Kilimanjaro. Mount Meru is often considered a practice climb for those preparing to summit Kilimanjaro.
- This crater, also known as the "Little Ngorongoro," is a major highlight of the park. It's a volcanic crater with steep walls and a forested floor, providing a habitat for a variety of wildlife.
- Arusha National Park is home to a series of alkaline lakes known as the Momela Lakes. These lakes attract a variety of birdlife, including flamingos, herons, and waterfowl. The landscapes around the lakes are picturesque and offer excellent opportunities for photography.
- Despite its smaller size, Arusha National Park hosts a diverse range of wildlife. The park is home to giraffes, zebras, buffalos, warthogs, and various antelope species.
- The park is also known for its primates, including blue monkeys and black-and-white colobus monkeys. Spotting these playful creatures adds an extra layer of excitement to your safari experience.
- Arusha National Park is one of the few Tanzanian parks where you can enjoy walking safaris, guided by armed rangers. This provides a unique and intimate experience with nature, allowing you to explore the smaller details of the ecosystem.
Climbing Mount Meru:
- For adventure enthusiasts, climbing Mount Meru is a popular activity. The trek takes you through diverse ecosystems, including forests, heathland, and alpine desert. The summit provides breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding landscape.
Cultural Heritage Sites:
- The park also features several archaeological and cultural sites, including the remains of old settlements and the Ngongo rock paintings, providing insight into the history of the region.
When planning a visit to Arusha National Park, keep in mind that it's a great option for those with limited time who want to experience a variety of landscapes and wildlife. It also serves as an excellent starting point for safaris in northern Tanzania, given its proximity to other famous parks like Serengeti and Ngorongoro.
- Serengeti is one of the most famous national parks in Africa, known for its vast plains, abundant wildlife, and the great migration of wildebeest and zebras.
- The park is home to the "Big Five" (lion, elephant, buffalo, leopard, and rhinoceros) and offers incredible opportunities for game viewing.
- The Ngorongoro Crater, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is within the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. It is a massive volcanic caldera with a unique ecosystem and a high concentration of wildlife.
- The crater offers excellent chances to spot the Big Five, as well as a variety of bird species.
- Known for its large elephant population, Tarangire National Park is a beautiful park with diverse landscapes, including riverine forests, savannah, and swamps.
- It's a great place for bird watching, and you can see a variety of wildlife, including giraffes, lions, and leopards.
- This park is known for its tree-climbing lions and diverse birdlife. The alkaline Lake Manyara attracts large flocks of flamingos.
- The park is relatively compact but offers a rich wildlife experience.
6. Selous Game Reserve:
- While Serengeti and Ngorongoro are in the northern part of Tanzania, Selous is in the southern part and is the largest game reserve in Africa.
- It's a more off-the-beaten-path destination, offering boat safaris on the Rufiji River, walking safaris, and a diverse range of wildlife.
7. Tips for Safari:
- Plan your safari with us as a reputable tour operator who can arrange transportation, accommodation, and guided game drives.
- Choose the right time to visit based on your interests. The Great Migration in the Serengeti is a remarkable spectacle.
- Bring binoculars, a camera, and comfortable clothing suitable for both warm days and cool evenings.
- Respect the wildlife and follow the guidelines provided by your guides to ensure a safe and responsible safari experience.
Remember that this is just an overview, and the specifics of your safari can vary based on the tour package you choose and the duration of your visit. We are adverse to check with us as the latest travel advisories and consult with a travel professional for the most up-to-date information.
Tanzania Safari from Arusha with Travel wise safari.
Embarking on a Tanzania safari from Arusha with Travel Wise Safari promises an extraordinary adventure that caters to a diverse range of preferences and budgets. This well-crafted tour ensures an immersive experience in Tanzania's northern parks, offering excellent opportunities to witness the Big Five animals, the iconic Wildebeest Migration in the Serengeti National Park, and a comprehensive exploration of all the key destinations in the region. Whether you opt for a Budget, Mid-range, or Luxury safari, the flexibility accommodates varying needs, making it an ideal choice for families looking to share the wonders of the wild with their children.
We offer super packages that are designed to create unforgettable memories for you. Whether you're seeking a memorable adventure, our packages are crafted to suit your preferences and ensure an exceptional experience.
Place your trust in us when it comes to planning your Tanzania safari from Arusha, as we are specialists in crafting extraordinary safari experiences. With our in-depth knowledge and expertise, we ensure that every detail of your safari is meticulously planned, allowing you to relax and fully immerse yourself in the awe-inspiring beauty of Tanzania's wildlife and landscapes.